Nature Binaural Audio Demo

Hello,

I've been working on a game engine for a week or two, and I've integrated binaural audio support into the engine to assess the quality and the performance to see if it can be used for a real game. As the sound quality goes, it's really brilliant, and I have not had any performance issues with the engine just yet. I've written a short demo in which you can walk around, create your own environment to an extent via modifying the map file, and test out stuff. It's not a full game yet, but it is the basis of an exploration game which will be cross-platform eventually. I'd like you to test the current demo out, see what can be improved, removed, or changed so the final product does not suffer. It'll be open-sourced at the end, so please do join in for the fun to give ideas that can be implemented. For convenience's sake, I'll paste the current readme file below:

----

Nature Demo (Alpha)

This program uses a right-handed coordinate system, and that means, positive X value is right, positive Y value is up, and positive Z value is towards you. This means if you are standing at 0, 0, 0, north is 0, 0, -1. The rest should be clear.

Keys:

Q and E: Rotate left and right respectively.
F: Toggle to go directly north with movement keys, or towards the direction you are facing.
W, A, S, D: Move forward, left, backward, and right, respectively.
R: Reset the rotation back to north.
C: Say current coordinates.
V: Say current rotation, in coordinates.

Map File Usage:

First line: Minimum coordinates. Default in the file is 0,0,0.
Second line: Maximum coordinates. Default is 100,100,100
Third line: Starting coordinates. 50,0,50
The rest: Object placement in the form of, a letter, a colon, and coordinates seperated by semicolons. For each axis, ranges can be given by using dashes. See the file for more examples

Map File Object Legend:

g: Grass.
w: Water.
c: A creek that emits, a creek sound!
t: A tree.
T: The top of the tree. Notice that this one is capitilized. The purpose of this object to create a bird that will be on the top of the tree.

----

Let me know if you'd like to know more about things if they are not clear to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/km0mmamq0psd7 … s.zip?dl=1

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SemihBudak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SemihBudak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SemihBudak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SemihBudak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tomas1333 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SemihBudak via Audiogames-reflector