Re: Going Linux

@Iron:

Acessible Coconut is....an odd distro. It started out as Gnome, but after people pointed out flaws with Gnome, the dev just slapped Mate on top of it and set it to boot directly into Mate, instead of Gnome. So you have a lot of duplicate programs and some odd choices for what to include/leave out. Additionally the development of it has halted as the dev's working on another project.

Also, I'm not sure if your errors are 18.10 specific as I, personally and YMMV on this, haven't had those errors in 18.04 here on my systems. Yes, the welcome screen isn't that welcome but I still like it. I just know to ctrl+alt+D and know when that shows up the system is loaded.

@Ethin: A more practical reason to not use Vinux is this....14.04 is going EOL in April. No more support for it. Also yes, Coconut is on 18.04 as stated. If you're going to say not to use something and make claims, at least back it up by checking what you're claiming Ethin. I use Coconut on my laptop as I'm tooo lazy to go through and pull all my audio/ebooks offa hthat system if I reinstall Mate 18.04 (which would essentially be the same system minus the Cocofrix additions and no Gnome)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : angel_diva22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector