Re: Going Linux

Well gang,

As of the 8th of February 2019 at 12:00 PM Mountain Standard Time, I have officially "Gone Linux!"

As of this writing, I am using Ubuntu 18.04.1 Long Term Support, with "Mate" being my desktop of choice, on this Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140.

Finding out that I have a "Solid State Drive" of 125GB (with 10GB for the OS itself,) plus the 128GB Micro SD card happily chilling alongside, 253gb of space is a comforting place!
NB. I do use the cloud a lot
too, thus space ain't a worry for me.

So now the big question folks...

Would   I ever go back to Windows in the future, or at least have it in a "virtual machine" alongside Ubuntu?

I will share about that among the Accessible Gaming On Linux And Chrome OS  topic, but in short, if  more Windows developers "were willing" to take the time to "port" their games to Linux in some form, thus making it have more of an adoption, there would be no need to! At leasst, not for what I personally do with my computer.

Music remixing, text adventure gaming, email, web surfing, etc.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black and white via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector