New moon mud

Host eclipse.cs.pdx.edu port 7680.

Okay this is a game I've been hearing about for literally years but haven't played until now, particularly because I think its been down for a while, but its definitely back up now.

I can't say too much as i've not gone so far yet I'm still trying to decide the best way to build a character, but I have heard this game has an awesome newbie experience which it does.
I believe the focus is a little like four dimensions, being hacknslash but with quests added on, though it has a far  interesting advancement system than the usual practice and train variety, as well as skills that range from smithing and coligraphy to more standard weapons and mining, and skills that actually give players more points.

The writing is extremely beautiful, even combat descriptions, and combat being in two second rounds also seems to be at a more reasonable pace than many games which is good.

I'll be able to say more when I've played on a bit further, but  thought old hands would appreciate knowing the game is back up, and newbies might want to get into trying things the way I am.

There are screen reader tips Here

And while the section on mud clients is a wee bit out of date, the section on configuring the game is worth reading.