Re: Absolute truth, the testament of truth.

Keep in mind though that I do think that the term could be phrased better.
Case in point, the Esquire article that's blown up the internet the past few days. personally, I see nothing wrong with it, other than perhaps the fact that it was put out during black history month, but that's not what has everyone up in arms. I feel that the danger of a term like "white privilege" is that it creates an echo chamber. it makes it too easy to minimize the experiences of straight white males, who have to deal with the same human struggles as everyone else. it makes it too easy for any of us people of color to blame everything that has ever gone wrong in our lives on racism, rather than being self reflective. it turns everything into a race/sex/sexuality issue, when sometimes it's just a "you're completely unqualified to be here" issue. I'm not saying this is what happens always, mind you, I'm just saying this is the inherent danger of a catch all term phrased to minimize everyone who identifies as one particular group.
It also completely kills any conversations about class, which, especially when it comes to something like higher education, I'd argue is the bigger deal, and especially in here in North America, is not given nearly as much attention as it deserves.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector