Re: Future of GoldGun: Production discontinued

Ok. Who knows what they had to do or not do. The contract could've said that they had to stick to the initial script. Do some people not know how to read? The developer specifically stated that they were well aware of what they needed to improve. I would completely understand Rashad's point about there being power in numbers. Believe me, totally valid point. But when it is clear that the feedback has been received and will be fixed in the next episode, then continuing to hammer it is not helpful. It's tantamount to hundreds of people reporting a spam topic exactly when it comes up when the moderators are on a constant patrol for spambots and may only need one or two reports if it's been more than 24 hours. IT, just, isn't, necessary. This isn't even a matter of the holier than thou mindset, it's just a fact. This is why we need to adapt a bug-tracking system like what Github offers that developers can use to have users submit commits and the reports are organized, so that if a bug has been resolved, people will see that it has been resolved.
Yes, you have a right to voice your concerns. No question. But it is not courteous to beat a dead horse when you know damn well the developer has already visibly acknowledged it.
As for who's decision it was, again we don't know, although I do believe David was the pr for this project.
@Juliantheaudiogamer, AS for would rather go bankrupt then cave to an organization, all I can say is try saying that as a developer who just got funded. If there's no money, there are no games. Plain and simple. Unless you go stealing sounds which you shouldn't. Even then, you couldn't get a free game out with that kind of voice acting and involved development. So come back when you're a developer and see if you'd say the same thing *spoiler alert: I doubt it.*
And don't just say crowdfunding is the end-all-be-all. NS Studios tried that with his sound library and look where that got us *spoiler alert: nowhere, as I was the only contributor as all of you apparently wanted it to fall into your loving arms for free.*

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector