Re: NVDA On A POS?

I don't know how Windows Embedded works, but if it allows you to install applications, NVDA should? work. Just make sure they're not using Windows XP embedded.

Why do you necessarily have to install NVDA add-ons? NVDA in it's default installation form is more than adequate to do 99% of computing tasks most people would need it to do. If anything, I'd say people should be looking at NVDA more closely than JAWS. The source code is publicly available, so someone who knew what they were doing could comb through it and see exactly what the software does before installing it. JAWS is closed source, so for all we know, the folks at Freedom Scientific could be doing all sorts of nefarious things that are invisible to the average user.

There's also the interesting potential of Narrator. If Microsoft is updating the same copy of Narrator in Windows Server and embeded systems, it will only get better and better. Why bother installing JAWS or NVDA when you can use a built-in solution? My hope is that Microsoft will improve Narrator compatibility with the default Windows remote tools such as Remote Desktop and Assistance. Wouldn't it be great to one day use the default tools in Windows to control other Windows systems? See https://microsoftaccessibility.uservoic … t-remote-d and provide your input. All we have to do now is get rid of Windows 7 and all this other legacy crap with shitty accessibility.