Re: DT in BGT

After adding the line, the tick appears to be called more uniformly, anywhere from  14-20 MS, and at 0.998, 59 frames passed.  Not sure whether you saw what I wrote about dynamic menu and movement, but I'll post here for convenience, because I do not understand what the hell is causing this.
What, the, fuck?  So this time I decided to see what would happen in terms of frame rate if I just walked my player back and forth on the court.  Frame rate dropped a little, to 590.  But there's the question.  Looking at my profile, I see:
Total execution time: 58413 ms
Number of functions called: 11
void clock::tick(): 39733 ms (68.02%)
int dynamic_menu::run_extended(string, bool, int, bool): 14689 ms (25.15%)
The fuck?  What does moving my player have to do with the dynamic menu?  I do not call dynamic menu when I move.  When I don't move, profile looks like this:
Total execution time: 53878 ms
Number of functions called: 8
void clock::tick(): 50429 ms (93.6%)
void StartMatch(bool = true): 1480 ms (2.75%)
int dynamic_menu::run_extended(string, bool, int, bool): 1172 ms (2.18%)
So what the fuck?  Player::move looks like this:
void move(int direction)
{
if(pm.elapsed<speed)
return;
switch(direction)
{
case forward:
if(y>=net)
return;
y++;
break;
case back:
if(y<=UserBaseline-5)
return;
y--;
break;
case left:
if(x<=LeftSideline-5)
return;
x--;
break;
case right:
if(x>=RightSideline+5)
return;
x++;
break;
}
if(!OMoving)
{
env.update_listener_2d(user.x, user.y);
env.play_stationary("sounds/step.ogg", false);
}
if(OMoving)
env.play_2d("sounds/step.ogg", user.x, user.y, opponent.x, opponent.y, false);
Server.send_unreliable(0, (RightSideline-user.x)+"__"+(OpponentBaseline-user.y), Player);
pm.restart();
}
As you can see, simple, and no calls to dynamic menu.  What the hell?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector