Re: TramSim: A new simulation game

For those who are having trouble downloading the game, you can get the whole folder zipped. When the page loads, start to shift+tab until you eventually find the "download" option and press it. If you highlight a single file or folder in the list further down the page it'll only download that selected file. But if nothing is selected, which is how the page starts out, pressing download will give you a zip with everything.

I tried TramSim  yesterday and I must say the game has tons of potential. It looks like you're doing a lot of things right as there are stations you can stop at, traffic lights, speed limits and you are scored by how well you're doing, and the sounds are quite realistic. However, there are some things that would make the experience even better.

Firstly, the controls. The keys and logic make sense, but I find it a bit hard to control my speed. You can press the D and A keys as many times as you want, and so it's really easy to overdo it and have to quickly go in the other direction. This is made worse by the fact that every time you press one of those keys, the game pauses while it plays the click sound. I thhink the accelerator/decelerator should be limited, so you could have 3 or 4 clicks in each direction to accelerate and decelerate, plus the neutral setting.

For aproaching stations, I think there needs to be more warning, like in TubeSim or dreamy train. Announce the distance to a station starting at 300 meters to give people time to start stopping. Same thing for traffic lights. You don't have to say how much time will pass until a red light turns green, but making an announcement there's a red/yellow/green light a few hundred meters before you get there would help, and if you hear there's a yellow light you'd know you might not be able to drive through it. You might not even need to use speech for this actually. Because the game is set on the street, you could just take actual sounds of traffic lights and have them get louder as you approach.

I can't wait to see where this thing goes. I love simulations!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Taurus Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Taurus Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : florianionascu7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : masroor . rahmani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tablen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : masroor . rahmani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Rio_unesa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : masroor . rahmani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Taurus Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Rio_unesa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector