The NER BBS, accessible gaming for all, now available

Have you ever "strapped your stick to your back and faced the day"?  Ever dialed into a bulletin board system at 4 AM to play Tradewars.  Did you ever use the NER BBS in the past?  Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?

The NER BBS was one of the first blind gaming zones, available via telnet back in 2001 and 2002.  People from around the world played games, interacted with each other, and had fun.  I decided to bring this back to the community and it's now available with, at the moment, 17 text-based games available today.
If you are familiar with how to use a terminal emulator or telnet, here are the details on how to connect
telnet to nerbbs.com port 23
login as new to create a new user
Follow the prompts until your account has been created.  Then, have fun.  See below for a list of currently available games.
SSH to nerbbs.com port 22 once your account has been created with login and pas sword, and you may have secure access to the BBS

For those of you who have never heard of a BBS or do not have a terminal emulator, view the NERBBS Wiki at http://wiki.nerbbs.com
Click on How To connect.
Please note, the article on terminal emulators is still under construction, and will be fully updated within the next couple of days to include instructions for JAWS and Window Eyes, but this should at least get you started.  Let me know if you have questions and I'll be happy to answer.

Games are as follows along with short descriptions

  • LORD (Legend of the Red Dragon: a fantasy rle playing game that was the most popular game and is a real classic. Attack monsters in the forest, and in te end, eventually attack the red dragon. Great fun and not hard to learn.

  • Usurper: Anotehr fantasy role playing game and a very popular one. Go into the dungeons and attack monsters. Make friends ingame, and gang up to attack other players and NPCS.  Non player characters are very active in this game. If you're so inclined, take drugs to increase your stats, find special items etc. and buy weapons. This one's a classic, and it has continued to be updated.

  • Baron Realms Elite: It's post nuclear war and you have a plot of land to develop. In the future this game will be interbbs capable, allowing us to play with hundreds of users around the world, right now, it's just limited to one planet.  Spy on other baronys, build your kingdom, and have fun. This has a science fiction tilt to it.

  • Trade Wars: I run a Trade Wars Game Server which the bbs connects to. Much like the IOS Star Traders game but all in text. Explore the galaxy while you trade or steal, or attack players or aliens.  It's a lot of strategy. This game is what started it all in the space trading text games.

  • Ambroshia: Another compl ex fantasy role playing game. Build a kingdom, fight. Etc. Our testers kinda liked it.

  • Chain Reaction: Like it says, similar to the game show of the same name. It's a bit confusing at times to play with a screen reader but it is doable and it's fun if you can figure it out.

  • Exitilus: A fantasy RPG similar to LORD, Usurper, and Ambroshia.

  • Food Fight: You're a kid at school, and you brought food with you or you're in the cafeteria and you bought food.  What fun would it be to throw it at your friends? That's the premise of this game.

  • Iron Ox: Space exploration and mining. It's hard to describe, but it's a classic, and someone asked me to install it.

  • Kannons and Katapults: Build your kannons and Katapults to fight kin computer. This is a short game, only takes a bit to play and win or lose. If you use a terminal emulator that supports sound, you even get some cool retro sounds with it.

  • Land of Devastation: Post apocalyptic game where you fight monsters.

  • Lemonade: Run a lemonade stand and see how much money you make after 30 days.

  • Lunar Lander: The classic game.

  • Lunatix: You're insane! Try to make it out of the insane asylum, talk to the patients the doctors etc.

  • Thirstyville: a challenging lemonade game which allows you to sell all kinds of beverages in all different tpes of weather.

  • Ultimate Universe: Another space game. Lots of text strategy involved.

  • Yankee Trader: The precursor to even trade wars, a simpler space trading game.

I plan on adding many more games, so stay tuned.
For some of you, there will probably be more questions to start out with, and as I noted before, the Wiki is in development, so let me know and I'll be happy to help you out in any way I can.

Good day an appy gaming.

NER
Sysop