Re: Why I like old music discussion

My favorite decades when it comes to music probably are the thirties up to the seventies. I love this old Jazz and Blues sound. Artists like Benny Goodman, the Andrew Sisters or Frank Sinatra, for example. There was individuality in all those songs that is simply missing from most chart hits these days. Luckily I found out about my preferences when I was seventeen or so, the age when friends no longer think they're cool when they laugh about someone liking old music smile A few years later, I've bought an old gramophone for 78rpm records and it's really great. It's a completely different feeling having to wind up the turntable, insert a new needle (gramophone needles only work for about two songs) and so on.