Re: The newest problem to plague sbyw

There's only one instance where I might consider such actions admissible. And this doesn't qualify in the slightest. I really can't believe I'm having to site the golden rule here but well.

I believe giving small trivial tests here and there to be a sign of good faith. I've done it before. At the end of the day, your developer is the one who calls the shots and makes sure everything runs smoothly especially in an online setting. But there are rather obvious boundaries that you don't, under any circumstances, cross at the cost of your own reputability. This is undeniably one.
As a general rule of thumb, developers are respected for their time, dedication, and management of a project. Players will naturally look at you as a role model and shining example of standards. If you act like a decent human being, so will most of your players. If you act like a 5 year old your players will stop taking you seriously.
If you have a reason to test admins, make sure to do it on an account other than your own. Approach it in a professional manner so they have no possible way of knowing that it's you. A, it'll give better results. B, players should never never never see you acting out of line for fear of situations exactly like these.
Keep the test isolated. Gameplay should never be effected. If players are having to mute chats or press anything out of the ordinary, you've probably gone too far. Stick to fighting unfairly, spamming PM's, personally harassing them and only them. I'm sure I'm failing to consider a couple remote scenarios, but figured I'd throw it here since we're by no means seeing this sort of thing for the first time.

You say:

masonian wrote:

It was harmless fun. And besides, it was a sort of test if you will for the current admins, to see if they'd stop or at least try to stop an attack like that. I'll say, I was happy and impressed.

Some people don't know a little harmless fun when they see it. Obviously if something like that was a normal occurrence, I can see how it would be a problem. But yeah.

In the event someone notices, be ready to provide logical reasoning for how you only meant to make sure of decent etiquette on the part of admins. No part about good fun. You should not enjoy breaking the very rules you should be trying to enforce. That's immature. That's damaging to your credibility. Can we please find one person other than the developer who enjoys being spammed with an endless barrage of pointless messages?

Instead of an apology, or small lesson learned here, what's done is just done. Implying if the same situation were to present itself tomorrow you would act no differently.

I personally won't be coming back since I just might possibly be banned by ruffling the wrong feathers on a bad day, seeing as OP is just the latest member in a set of unresolved cases that saw unfair treatment. Keep having your, "pointless fun", and don't be surprised if it comes at the cost of those who support the game..

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector