Re: Scrolling Battles Pro (SBP) Final Online Version 1.96 with server

I am currently running 2 versions of sbp, one is the latest version with the single main server, and the second is chris's server with the latest version supporting multi-server list.
A few thoughts and or requests that I've noticed,
1. it seems like not many have switched to the new server, I think the game itself is great and has a great concept but is very basic yet, and because of it still being quite basic I think people are still flocking to smaller servers were they know each other and have lots of points, and were the hosts can edit the map slightly for varrying results.
While this may not reflect on the game itself, I believe adding features that improve the game forward is what is going to diferentiate from the custom servers and the newer single server. While I am still not a huge fan of having a game were everyone was comfortable with servers, for example the road to rage has always had this feature, and has basicly been the 3d version of sbp, I can understand some of the needs for doing so, so please try to also understand the problems from a developer standpoint.
2. the potions don't seem to do anything, and with the advent of the P key not being used to display points and instead showing power on the ofline mode, I think there needs to be keys added for both points and checking slash using potions.
3. I feel like the map is quite basic, and though this is great for a beginning game I suggest creating more features to stretch out the killing, and to add more stratagy instead of pure moving and shooting. this is not a negative comment just an overall feeling that the game needs to change. this said I think this game should be considered an alpha and or beta and people should be more forward thinking and willing to see where it goes, though I think drastic changes should hopefully be minimal to keep interest.
4. feature suggestions, are not necessarily objective just my thoughts for future game development, the ability to pick up weapons and or need separate weapons like in online shooting games such as quake, trtr, swamp, and others. THis way not everyone has the same machine gun or laser etc. A store to spend bucks or points, maybe items spawns are limited to dollars and or items dropped by killed players such as ammunition, and a store to buy such goods could minimize on item lag on servers where items are sitting around. I also thought items that sometimes do bad things like explode, or give temporary boosts to speed, jumping, damage reduction etc. I also think the map needs more depth, more platforms to jump onto instead of climbing, safe areas for people who want to chat, and or walls to hide behind and or jump over. Maybe fires that are permenant, etc...
Again all thoughts and ideas rather then a review, so please don't take my words too criticly.
On the note of versions, I will continue playing both versions until the time that the single server version has features that draw me away, I think people are stubborn and like the quietness and ability of chris to keep the people on the server clean, and the fact that we don't have to contend with others who are in deed childish or hacks. THis said I am looking forward to further development of the game and will stay tuned for what may come of it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : austen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DaddySpice via Audiogames-reflector