Re: blind open source vs closed source

This even happens in the UK. I experienced the same when it came to college and funding for a laptop. The person helping me with that, well I mentioned NVDA to them and said it was free, and they said "oh that's not very good is it", this wasn't a college person but someone helping me get the tech ready.
Well I got my laptop, got jaws, but over the long term, we all noticed it crashing. Luckily, this was for an IT course, which meant the tutors on the course were actually fourthcoming and forward thinking, especially one inparticular. So one day, I stopped Jaws from starting up, installed NVDA, ran it, with no objection from the tutors, and there were no crashes.