How should mainstream developers make menus accessible?

We are obviously now starting to see AAA mainstream games implementing voiced menus, and that's something that's only going to increase over the coming years.

Even just withing the couple of examples so far there are very different approaches to how  it is implemented, so I thought it might be helpful to have a chat about what direction you would like developers to take with it.

Some examples -

1. Screenreader compatibility, e.g. skullgirls

2. Using platform level text to speech API, e.g. crackdown 3

3. Building a custom synthesised speech solution inside the game itself that works the same across all platforms (PC/Xbox/PlayStation/Switch etc), e.g. Division 2

4. Building a custom synthesised speech solution inside he game itself that also has in-game control over voice and speech speed, e.g. Eagle Island

5. Recording on-brand human speech for all menu items, can't think of an example but I think some fighting games have done this for character selection

Ignoring all practicalities, what would your dream setup be? Which approach would you like developers to take, and why?

Or would you even prefer more than one, for example one approach for menu navigation and another for in-game interfaces?