Re: Is there a good Skype version left?

@33, I never said that people who upgrade dealt with /fork. I was agreeing that I had never suffered the problems people report with /fork. I don't really get what makes Skype 7 better than Skype 8 at this point. It doesn't have alt1+alt10... that's not exactly a required feature. It (according to 34) has split window view, so you guys have that. So really, it doesn't seem spiteful to push for people to upgrade; it seems spiteful to not upgrade to Skype 8 (for example) since Skype 7 is pretty much obsolete. By doing that your pretty much daring Skype 7 support to be ended. Your openly challenging MS, essentially, by doing that. If the scripts for Skype 8 are worse than Skype 7... not MS's problem, now is it? It can't be. That's pushing the blame onto someone who doesn't deserve it. Who deserves the blame is whomever wrote the scripts. But I digress. By following the logic of "what is the harm in people using older builds of a program they enjoy," your pretty much saying "yeah, I'll happily just stick on windows XP instead of windows 10 because I can despite the fact that support for windows XP ended and its more vulnerable to viruses than later windows versions and it doesn't support most modern computers". And while this isn't a topic about windows XP, that's what your pretty much saying. Just upgrade and get used to it. If you can come up with a nice list detailing what Skype 8 doesn't have that Skype 7 does, without pushing blame onto MS where blame isn't needed (i.e. the keyboard shortcuts and the scripts sucking), I just might take into consideration your reasoning. But right now I cannot think of a feature that Skype 8 doesn't have that Skype 7 has, excluding things like /fork, that makes Skype 7 much better than Skype 8.