Re: SBYW is being discontinued this Friday.

SBYW was a fun game at times. Frustrating as hell on the hard maps, but in a good way. Nevertheless... it had its downside. And that downside is that which is taking it down. It is my hope that now that all online games of his are going down or sold, he will go far, far away from this community. I used to hold the view that hey, someone's developing, let's keep all the developers we can get, but I now know that that is not a good way to think of it. Breakerbox? We didn't need them. Mason? We really... don't need him. It's nice having games, and I respect those who can develop and/or maintain those games with a level head. This is not me standing atop a soap box looking down on everyone - look at oh shit. I had to release a bunch of different vers because I would have to fix tracebacks. Come on, I know I'm not perfect. I just think Mason and his behavior in general are toxic, and attract toxicity. We don't need developers who have to blame everyone for every one of their problems one moment, falsely own up to them the next, and then go back to the former. Honestly Mason I hate to say it dude, but your developer presence here is akin to a leaking ceiling that just keeps getting patched, patched, and patched again. Sure the leak stops for a few days, but what about the mold already in the carpet?

As for the reason, from what I can gather, it's not server cost entirely. In the following log, you'll see for yourself in the first 4 lines or so the main reasons, and the rest of the log is loyalists trying not to pis him off. This is the atmosphere on one of Mason's "bad" days, wherein he gets extremely angry, takes his anger out on the world, lashes out, hands out unjust bans, maybe spams and swears as was the case last week, and then apologizes and says he'll do better. I am at least 20% sure that part of the reason has to do with the other topic that got closed by jade last week wherein another user was banned, among other reasons, for protesting against a spam attack carried out by Mason and NS Studios on SBYW. I get that this is or could be considered bringing up drama, but... unfortunately bringing up the facts regarding Mason unfortunately always leads to such.

d: why is SBYW being discontibued
ABoner: I'd tell you but I don't wanna piss mason off even more
possessed gummybear: because of drama and people who go to fucking forums for every little thing
ABoner: fuck forums
d: please don't
Veljko: o shit
d: what will be bigger and better than this
Mason: I swear if that was a stevo pun I will ban you
someone: who knows
Veljko: it wasn't
possessed gummybear: well fuck forums. it's not so easy to ignore moaning when it's everywhere.
d: why is it doing to die
someone: hih...
ABoner: I don't care about forums. it's about the quality of the game and those who run it. when I wanna ignore and build I mute all
d: like, first redspot, then this
someone: go through chats. Yor answeer's there
d: Mason: I wish I'd never touched a line of code.
Mason: thanks for posting a copy of my line
Mason: here. I can do it too
Mason: d: Mason: I wish I'd never touched a line of code.
ABoner: the forums are just teenagers with no life having nother better to do than bitch about something like they could doo it better
possessed gummybear: well you don't. mason does. not everybody can stand being gang raped on forums and on social media.
aldenmaster: don't shut it down
aldenmaster: if you are, I want source
Mason: that's it. I'm shutting it down right now.
ABoner: I left twitter and forums years ago because of the bullshit
WiamS: erm
someone: well done
ABoner: fuck you alden
ABoner: really?
someone: hope your proud. And yay sarcasm
possessed gummybear: aww. that's all you're gonna do?
ABoner: lololol
WiamS: K, gotta go, I have to study
ABoner: what you think I'd ban him?  i still have some sence come on now
aldenmaster: time to gather rawmaps

P.S: here are some of the unspoken rules of SBYW. Play at your own risk. big_smile
harken: Or I wonder if the code will get sold to Ivan rofl
Mason: dude you're really pushing your luck, harkin
harken: I'm not breaking any of the rules
Mason: yes, but you're intentionally fucking with me, trying to push me over the edge, and god dammit I will go right over it.
(I mean hey, i wasn't spamming, sending crashes, disrupting or anything... but yeah.)
And finally, one last unspoken rule of SBYW:
Veljko: o shit
Mason: I swear if that was a stevo pun I will ban you

And that's that. The common line with mason: "Disappointed, but not surprised." That sums up most people's view it seems.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : x0 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector