Re: New Text-based Roguelike For IOS and Android: Path Of Adventure

@ Keeweed, also, I'm assuming this weapon would show up in other adventures, the way I found a ring of life as a warrior, in one crazy quest, given the frequency of this, I didn't even think it was possible for the longest time.

From a developing standpoint I don't know how difficult in game achievements are, like, before losing my vision I was getting these achievements on x-box and it was super fun,

Some ideas include, - having 3 elixirs of growth in inventory, and another achievement for each progressive one after that, I can't imagine having 5 elixirs in inventory, but it would be something.

The five finger quest, - collect all five rings, of course this would only work if you seriously changed the treasures, but it could be fun.

Giving your new weapon some thought I ran through on Warrior focusing on attack only. putting 3 elixirs on attack and 1 on speed and finding the totem of the lion, I grabbed the flail of doom from the queen and with the help of my ring was able to take out the Dragon in the second encounter.

I broke the totem before the second encounter, and had the jellify spell doubled so one cast lowered defence to zero and was able to knock the dragon out in the second round, but damn was it close.
Had the ring of brawn not worked in the second round I don't think I would have managed it.

One idea for the new weapon might be to have it so that it is always breaking, no matter what, but studious players note how you get 2 hits on a breaking weapon, have it start at breaking 1 so if you were to use it in an early encounter it would break, but if you use a sharpening stone, it will increase to breaking 2, this will be especially effective if you keep the number hidden as it currently is. that way someone using the stone would think that the stone only worked on the other items in their inventory, - give them a hint though like when the stone increases it from 1 to 2 the story narrative should say "you improve the condition of your battleaxe, your oak shield, and your megadeath weapon" but if you use another one later in the game and the megadeath is already at breaking 2 the narrative just reads " you improve the condition of your battleaxe and oak shield" - clever, no!

So in game achievement 1 - knock out end mob in second round, - game achievement 2 kill it in the first round. I already know that the 2 round kill is possible, so with a mega death, some mushrooms or a totem, concentration throughout the game on attack, and maybe a magic spell in there, if you did something clever like taking the end mob down to 80% then used the mega death to take out about 40% the final fleeing hit could give you the 1 round victory, - also with the weapon at breaking 2 and a stone in your inventory you could totally take out the sorcerer and still have enough, I just wanna see the look on his face when he goes down in one hit,

looking forward to whatever you roll out with.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : imaginingstuff via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : imaginingstuff via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector