Re: Help with hazing issue (may get controversial)

I just wanted to ask if the boy who is threatening and targeting her is also in middle school like she is? I don't want this to come off in a way that might be offensive, but it seems that, given the information you've written about the problems with his family, that his behavior is a result of those problems. I don't know how dysfunctional his family is, but what he probably needs the most is time with a professional. I'd have to agree with what others have already touched on. Taking a solution like the third one has a lot of potential for backfiring. Not only might it make the situation worse, but it could get other people involved, like members of his own family, who'd want to take matters like the ones you are suggesting. Not only that, but if you do take the situation to authorities, doing anything from the third solution could put you in a less than favorable position with them. I agree that you shouldn't have too much faith in the school handling things completely on their own, so both solutions 1 and 2 sound great. Keep a record of any response the school gives you in case they don't deliver, and if necessary, take it to the police. Making posts online to try and raise awareness about the situation would be a nice motivator for the school due to the threat of media attention. The best case would be to get the child some form of counseling so no other students have to worry about this.