Re: Why is audible book quality as low as it is

I think, the Maximum Quality you can get from Audible is 64 khz and 128 bkits.  At least for the newer stuff.
I really don't get, why Audible doesn't do anything about that. I mean, they are producing original Audioplays These days. And they are not abd, after all, I have heard so far. Why would they intentionally decrease the Quality of their products?
Adding to that Comes the fact, that older stuff is encoded very sloppy. I bought a few Doctor Who audioplays a few years ago, and they were not even in Stereo. After several complaintsw to Audible, well, nothing happened. It took me quite some time to find them in better Quality. And no, I didn't get them from a legal source.
Since then, I never bought an audioplay from Audible again.