a bit of an odd tech question, setting up survailance cameras

Hey everyone.

I due run into a problem currently with a technical solution, I sorta know what to do but I am not totally sure on that.

Firstly, the situations.

Due to events of harm done to animals in the arria in the last weeks, we want to rig up a horse stable with cameras to keep a watch of the animals and and if something happens that we have picture prove.
The stable has a power outlet, with no internet connection currently.

My plan would be setting up a router with a internet only sim card to create a wifi network and than set up a camera server to which all the cameras get linked. I planned to use my raspberry Pi to do the job, connecting it to the router via a ethernet cable or set it into the wifi network. I planned to use the raspi because it is the most accessible, at leased as far as I know.

What we want to have in the end is a system with we can access the material live streamed and or stored on the connected harddrive of the cam server.

So, I am curious if anyone has done this before and can tell me if there are better solutions than the raspberry pi way I had planned out and if there is not, a good package with which you can set up a server like this.

Any tips are welcome.

Greetings Moritz.