soundcart acting strange

Hi. Since a few days i have a strange problem with my sound. If i start an aplication that was not on my comp before, it always is on volume 100 percent even if the system volume is only 50 or so, and also the login screen and user managemend warnings and so are jut extremely loud. Is there a way to reset all the volumes and bring the system standart for everything back to normal? Thanks, simter.