Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper Accessibility

Stop thinking of it as poke and pray, and start memorizing locations on the screen. I don't poke and pray, ever. I can log into the game and have a dungeon started within 30 seconds unless I need to do party management. That's why I've been trying to describe locations on the screen instead of just saying, poke around until you hear a noise, then turn VO back on and see what happened. If I were doing that, I would never have lasted a year playing this game and certainly would never have beaten 3 of the 3 star magicite bosses, some of the most difficult content in the game according to other players.

I have started work on the guide. It may need some polishing after I post it, we'll see what you all think. But if blind players never start really trying to conquer this game, it for sure will never have any accessibility improvements. And that would be a huge shame.

Here is a mini guide on how to equip abilities, materia and soul breaks.

Go to the character management screen by tapping one of the cached images after a character name and HP on the main party screen. Then go to the abilities tab, the second tab in the order.
Find the ability names and flick left of the first one. You should see a cached image, double tap it. If you have no abilities equipped, I recommend using optomize as detailed above.
You should now be on the ability management screen. You can flick through your list of abilities and select one. Then navigate to the last heading VO can detect and you will see your 2 equipped abilities. Select the one you want to exchange.
Soul breaks work the same way. You can reorder the breaks from left to right for convenience and this is how they display in battle. You can also remove all but 1 break for faster use without having to deal with the extra menu in battle.
Legend materia are the same, with exception that you can't see the names until you get into the management screen. Legend materia are the first images, then record.

This is how I build my battle strategies, combined with character organization and equipping damage boosting relics. It does work. But expect it to be just that, work for a while, then fun. It takes patience and time to learn. The good news is you don't have to spend hours and hours playing. I only spend about 5 minutes a day playing and have for most of the time I've been with this game.