Re: Resident Evil 7

Hi.
I don't know what I previously messed up regarding downloading the latest version of your guide. I downloaded it a week ago, but I must have replaced the wrong file or whatever.
Thanks a lot. I finally got passed Jack and through the trap door. I played with him the whole night, and i found an easier way to do it:
Please note the following:
1. Crouching does not seem to make any difference. What really matters is if you turn towards him, or if you turn away from him. He doesn't chase you that much if you turn your back to him.
2. He does not go into the garage and back to the area where you pick up the key very often. Especially not if you turn the back to him.
Here is how I do it:
1. Go to the locked door, turn around and walk forward until he appears.
2. Turn around and walk forward back to the locked door.
3. Walk left and forward into the garage, and stay in the north east connor, phasing the wall.
4. Wait until he opens and smash the door twice.
5. Back out of the garage, and do not turn around yet.
6. Walk to the right back to the locked door.
7. Turn around, point the camera down a bit and then walk forward and pick up the key.
8. Walk backwards, walk right until you reach the right wall, and continue to walk backwards until you find the opening to the right.
9. Now you have to react fast as hell. Run right while smashing the A button very quickly. Then you'll open the kitchen door.
10. When you open the kitchen door, run in zikzak forward to make sure you walk through the door, and to throw off Jack if he is too close.
11. Run forward and run through the next door.
12. run north west to the trap door to escape.
That sounds more complicated, but I find it much easier in this way. Why? Because when I enter the garage after I have picked up the key from the table, Jack waits right outside in the hall, and I find it difficult to hear when he walks away, to hear if the path is clear or not.
I'm now in the weird room with the ringing phone and the other strange sounds. For some reason, I am not able to pick up the phone. No matter what I do, I can't pick it up when turning towards it. I have loaded from the chasing savepoint three times because I thought I messed up the camera, but I can't do it which I find weird.
There is also a strange area, where it sounds like I'm walking outside. I'm not sure if I jumped out of the window, because I was not able to get in again. I picked up an item out there, which I don't know what is.
I tried to find the tape recorder to save the progress, but I didn't found it. I have spend a lot of time searching this room.
It seems like I can walk out in the rest of the house, also before picking up the phone. Then the phone can be used as a sound source. But it feels like this is the wrong thing to do.
1. Do you have any clue on why I'm not able to pick up the phone?
2. I wander why I can't find the tape recorder to save the game. I can only find the place where I can store things from my inventory, or I assume this is what I have found.
Maybe I'm just really good at messing things up, or find things which aren't mentioned in the walkthrough.
I'm sorry that I constantly need to ask for help, but I find this quite confusing.. smile