Re: how do yall deal with lack of motivation, no ideas, etc

Maaaaan!  I've never written anything accademic with massive amounts of thought; all school asignments suck as far as I'm concerned.
I'd crank out essays and other written papers within an hour of them being do and teachers would hate me for it.  They'd knock off a couple of points here and there because I never gave them a rough draft, a brainstorming paper, all the usual garbage they ask for on a regular basis... I'm just not that kind of guy.  If it's not worth writing I'm not going to write it.
Sadly, that philosophy only works if you're out to be a rebellious punk, which I was at the time.  I still can't write like that though.  The most I do if I need to write something is write it first, deliberately forget to use spelling and grammar checkers, finish, call it a rough draft.  Change the wording.  Call it a second draft.  Check spelling.  Call it a third draft... I know I know, I'm horrible.
The horrid thing with many highschool asignments is that, on many occasions, you'll have to write on subjects you're either not passionate about or try to write from a perspective you clearly don't believe in.  I'm not sure if school is purposely out to raise a bunch of liars...