Re: warning to NVDA users!

The problem is, at this point we haven't actually been given any concrete reasons for this change.
Oh yes I know they've said the buz words like "security" and "python 3" and other computery wootery terms, but to be brutally honest all of that doesn't mean anything until it actually has a practical difference on the user experience.

Same was true of Xp, for a long time we were hereing all these nebulous mentions of "more secure" and "new technology" without anything practical to back it up, indeed this is likely why they had to include so much legacy support anyway.

I will say in the case of NvdA, I'm prepared to give the maintainers bennifit of the doubt, since one thing which has always impressed me with the program,  that new versions actually do have noticeable changes that make the experience better for the end user, one reason why in the case of NvdA I wouldn't at this point consider hanging on to an old versio, plus it's entirely possible that the addons I commonly use will get updated anyway.

When however something is going to break, it does create an onus on the maintainers to actually give  end users something of real and practical value, which I'm not seeing thus far, though of course we might well in the future.

After all, there are too many companies like apple out there who will just obsolete things and under the guise of "more security" or "better technology," will quite happily scupper the user experience just to obsolete old tech so they can selll newer models irrespective of whether the newer is actually any better (anyone remember Windows vista?).

Still, as I said I'm quite prepared to wait and see, since after all we won't know how broken things get or what bennifits are actually forthcoming until both the next version, and the point that people start creating newer versions of addons.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the player via Audiogames-reflector