Re: Terrible, Awful, No-good, Very Bad...spelling?

I think it's easier to talk about the spelling errors seen in this community, because they're just so unlike what you typically see in other forums, even from people for whom English is not the primary language. I can't really give examples here without essentially calling someone out even if I don't mention any names. Some of the stuff I've seen in the long bk2 thread for example was that unique. I was always taught that if you don't write well, and you have spelling errors and silly mistakes in what you write, people will think less of you than they otherwise would. So if I'm at all unsure of how to spell a particular word, I look it up. I really think education is just not as much of a priority as it once was. That's how you end up with words like "carnt," and "vister." It sounds right, therefore it must be. Those are just some general examples that I've only seen in the blind community. For me, when I see posts with a bunch of spelling errors, I simply skip over them. They're just disturbing to see. Especially the really outrageous ones. That probably makes me sound like a self-righteous ninny but man, it almost makes me shudder.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector