A dialect of your language you cannot understand?

I think for most common languages, most of the time you can understand someone who speaking a different dialect. So what are languages or dialects where this is not the case? Since I mostly only speak English, I can understand most  English dialects.  Where the line starts to become a little thin is English  creoles  and pigeons, although I don’t really think those are dialects.

I know a bit about how different Spanish dialects sound. For example, I’ve heard from multiple Spanish speakers that the Spanish spoken in Chile is notorious for being hard to understand. But I can't find any clips of how it actually sounds. Someone please provide any thing if you happen to know of one.