Re: `Cosmic Rage, an all new, all awesome Space MOO from Nathan Tech!

Hello again, sorry for the double post.
Usually we would be sending out a newsletter right about now, but we're waiting for key changes to take place first.
That's no excuse to not update the forum though! So here goes:
RP stuff:
  Tuesday,  9  April  2019 00:46 Lara Stardust: hi! So, two things. First things first, we've changed how the rp where command works. Go us! Rp where will now not be set to locations. Instead, if there are 3 or more people gathered on a public planet, not factories at the moment, we're seeing how it goes, then they will appear on rp where. To clarify, names will not appear on rp where, but if 3 people or 6 people hang out in a bar on Earth, it will say: People are hanging out at Earth, Lara's bar. Secondly, we have changed how the @rp-nominate command works. First of all, you can now just type @rp-n Second, we've made it so that you actually choose the person, which will speed up the process at the approval end. And third: the nominator will get a small reward themselves if it is approved! Enjoy these little changes, and feedback always appreciated. Hats off to the HTPLs and Staff Sergeant Vazbal for contributions to the cause.

  Friday,  5  April  2019 02:11 Lara Stardust: hi guys! Adverts have been changed slightly: 1. The submit-advert command is gone. 2. The adverts command now allows you to submit new ads, delete old ads, view ads, and update the time limit of an ad. 3. You can now choose how long your ad is up for. 4. Ads are more expensive. 5. You now see how many times your advert has been viewed. 6. Fixed a bug in how adverts were saved. 7. You now see how long the advert has till it goes down. Enjoy and feedback is appreciated!

system overhauls:
  Sunday, 31  March  2019 22:47 Lara Stardust: the very best of evenings to all of my fellow Cosmic Ragers. As some of you may know from some of my messages on ooc now and again, I have been working like a working thing in working town on working day. I have just overhauled the upgrade system, well i say I've overhauled it, I've upgraded it. Ha ha! Anyway. What does this bring to you guys, well, here goes: 1. The list and buy commands are now detailed realistic. Meaning that, if you have just entered the store and type list, your character will first step up to the display board, or whatever is in the shop, and then use it. Second, it remembers where it was left, so if someone was viewing say, upgrade 1, and you typed list 2, your character would tap home, then tap item 2. 2. When entering a store, you now see a display board or similar at the bottom of a shops description which displays what the board is focused on. You can also look at this by typing l display. 3. The list command has been changed, it now shows only item names, to see details, you type list and then a number. 4. List and then a number shows the following: 1, name, 2, price, 3, level, 4 skill requirements, and 5 description. If any of these requirements are not current on your character, IE you are looking at a level 400 upgrade while you are rank 300, then the words requirement not met will be shown next to the information, and it will be in red. 5. I think. 5. all 252 upgrades now have descriptions, and the uHelp category has been deleted. 6. Prices are now clearer. IE it will show 15000 per drone, rather than just 15000. 7. All double charging upgrades have been removed. 8. The buy command now shows different things depending on whether you are upgrading a ship, a vehicle, drone, or container. 9. All upgrades are now categorised. 10. There are more categories! 11. Buy now accepts both an item name, and an item number. 12. Display boards are now more contextial in terms of what they show to you, and what they show to the room at large. 13. The upgrades command has been made very slightly quicker. I think that is everything, but I may have missed something or other. I hope you enjoy, and feedback is appreciated!

get involved:
  Wednesday, 27  March  2019 12:53 Lara Stardust: hello everyone! I recently read a very interesting article to do with game design which raised a very interesting point to me, something which I had never considered before, not to its fullest, anyway. To that end, I want to put this idea to everyone, and see what kind of response I get. I am looking to compile a team of around 3 to 4 people, who are mixed in abilities both physical, and mental. I do not mean that to sound demeaning, merely that I would like a team that contains a person who might be able to handle complex math-orientated systems, and another one that can't handle complex systems. The aim of this team will be thus: Together as a team you and I will first, go and experience other games, both space based and fantasy based. We'll probably attempt 6 or so in total. We will play each for between 7 to 14 days and analyse performance, leveling, interaction with game environment IE roleplay, welcoming, how adictive the game is, what people do on that game that keeps them coming back, and a few others. At the end of that, we will then create new characters on Cosmic Rage, and do the same process. At the end of this, my aim is to have compiled, ultimately, a large amount of data about text-based games in general, what people like, and what they dislike. This is what is known as market research, and is a common practice in a lot of businesses. It will ultimately end with data compiled that we as the staff can then act upon to improve Cosmic Rage by knowing what it is players like and what we lack. I hear you asking, why can't the staff, or HTPL's do this: Both the staff and the HTPL's are a team of individuals who work together to ultimately achieve an end goal, accept, we all, mostly, think on similar lines and have a habit of being brilliant at one thing, but not at another. To that end, half of us would go on another game and go wow! great combat system! while the other half would go wow! great roleplay system! But both of us might miss that the documentation is written in a very friendly manner, because we are all so used to reading cosmic Rage's style, which might be too technical. To that end, what do you need for this job? A few things: First, is time. This is not a role you can dip into for five minutes each week. This is ultimately, at least, a 4 day week job for 6 to 8 weeks that, while yes most of us can, and will, be doing other things, this is a job that I, personally, will be, and will expect the team behind this to, put a lot of effort into in order to get the best results. Second, you have to be able to set aside previous game differences. I will be up front in the fact that we will be trying out the other space MUDs including Miriani and Star Conquest. To that end you will need to, temporarily, be able to set aside any previous you have with the games in order for us to get clear results. And that's it. At the end of it all, I may, if feeling particularly brave, compile the data into an over all mud report, to which we can, depending on your choices, publish it on the internet for other MUDs to gain benifit from, but that's ultimately a long way off. So, lets see how it goes. If you wish to apply to help out with this team, enter a support ticket, under category 5, and just include your name, and a short description about yourself, IE are you a seasoned mud player, what is your favorite game to play aside from Cosmic, naturally, and any other thing you think might be relevant. I know I've dressed this announcement up in ultimately fancy and rather scary sounding language, but this is a very good opportunity for you, as a person, and for me, as a developer, to sit on an even footing, while you also gain experience as to how the teams of staff work here and what is expected if you wished to apply. Further, you also gain experience into how real world businesses will carry out analysis on their competitors and actions that could be taken. The entire project will take between 6 to 9 weeks in total and will start most likely near Easter Hopefully, I have convinced some of you to apply, at least. Ultimately, the team itself will help each other in terms of difficult barriers to some games, including visual elements, profile writing, ET. This is a team effort, and I would like everyone to come away from it feeling like they've learned something, and had fun and contributed to cosmic Rage's future. So, if you're a mature, Cosmic-loving mud player who wants to grab the bull by the horns, let us know via support ticket. My mail, using Lara in the to box, is open if you have questions. Thank you!

new stuff:
  Tuesday, 26  March  2019 02:31 Lara Stardust: evening all. I have a small present for you guys that I decided to code on a wim It is a new, sort of simulator, in the Academy. This one is to do with predictive shooting. If you learn how to do predictive shooting, it makes killing space enemies a lot easier because you can tell which way they are flying, and then, shoot them as they arrive, rather than shooting them where they are, they move, and you miss. This little simulator is actually just a gun and a moving target. The speeds vary each time you play, and you get an accuracy rating when you stop playing. It is super fun, super adictive and quite easy to understand, according to the two players, Denny and Syuri who helped me test it out. I hope you enjoy!