Looking for the source of an old Apple IIE game

So this is an odd question, but if *anyone* can answer then someone here can.

I'm looking for the source of an old Apple IIE game, not to run, but for inspiration. It was called something like Great Escape. It was *not* the other more popular Great Escape game set in a prison.

You were in a 10X10 maze with exits leading either north, south, east or west. The exit from the maze was on the northern wall somewhere. You'd move around by typing in one of the directions, and would be told which room number you were in. You could also take a secret passage, which dumped you in a random room but also added to your move count which decreased your score. You also had a flashlight that would go dead after a while. I assume it was based on your move count.

Rooms contained random things. Some had coins, which added to your score or could be used in other rooms. One room contained a bunch of bananas. Another contained a gun. I'm sure there were other things I'm forgetting about.

Baddies also roamed the maze. A "villain" roamed randomly. If he caught you, he'd steal your stuff and throw you through a secret passage. If you had a gun when he caught you, you'd get the opportunity to shoot him. If you hit, he'd die and no longer chase you. If you missed, he'd *always* shoot at you when he caught you even if you didn't, meaning he might kill you. Your gun only had a handful of bullets, so you couldn't blaze away at things.

There was a gorilla. You could feed him the bananas or try to shoot him. There was a ghost, and I don't recall what that did. There was a mad gambler who made you play rounds of blackjack with your coins. There was a vending machine that gave you more flashlight batteries. I'm sure there were more things. You could shoot all of these if you had the gun, except for the ghost.

Anyhow, I'm thinking that might make for a fun, modernized, not too serious audio roguelike. I'm sure I could brute force the mechanics and balancing, but having the original source to look back on would at least be fun.

Does anyone have a stash of old Apple Basic games sitting around somewhere by chance? Note that I don't care about running them, though if I could that'd be kinda fun. If anything, I'd just like to read the source like I did when I was 12. That'd certainly bring back memories. smile