Re: I have a deaf and blind friend.

I am blind and hard-of-hearing, and pardon if this comes off as sounding blunt, but if anything it's probably because of ignorance.. I have experienced some internalised ableism by some blind people, such as excessive yelling, sounding angry, or otherwise making me feel as if it were my fault that I couldn't hear them the first time.
I also have an older brother who is profoundly deaf and blind since birth, but unlike I, he never developed oral language skills, so his behaviur is the only means of communication.
Look at post 16 in the thread entitled Blind and Sighted Mindsets, or something like that.