Re: discord

@13 "also don't know that the CVAA really applies to Discord at any rate"

CVAA is not industry specific. It applies to voice chat, video chat and text chat across the board. Discord is a text chat and voice chat provider.

@10 "How is it possible Discord's deadline was 2012? Discord wasn't even a thing until 2015."

CVAA's compliance deadline was 2012, meaning that any advanced communication service provider either developed or updated after 2012 is required by law to be blind accessible, under threat of fines of up to a million dollars per infraction. It is really serious stuff.

I mentioned 2012 in contrast to games, which had a series of extensions through to Dec 31st 2018. But Discord is not a game.

@7 "No, that's not something I would do lol. I don't like the FCC."

I don't know what I can say in response to that.

"Hey, you have legally protected rights, we are here to ensure that they are protected, if you come up against any problems let us know and we'll make sure they are fixed"
"I won't, because I don't like you"

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zub0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector