Re: Terrible, Awful, No-good, Very Bad...spelling?

hi Jayde,this reply is some what all around the bush.
things may have been said before. As I did not yet red all the way through. I'll give you my personal findings here.

Sadly, spelling is a issue that I really wish I could fix. the major reason for me having the spell issue is because.
as some one had mentioned, sighted people sees huge amount of texts flying by daily. so they get a feel for if something's not spelt correctly. for me as a blind individual, I have to remember the spelling of each word.
sadly, since I do not have access to Braille the way to see words is forgotten. this impacts my ability to know when or ware to put commas and other grammar stuff.
It does not mean by any means that I'm not intelligent, thus, sadly we get judged by our spelling.
I fondly remember my English teachers words. She said to me.
the best way you'll know how to be able to spell is to read, read, read.
That is so true.
Sadly spell checkers is my friend.
But if, there is any way I can figure out how to better my spelling, I'll be all for it.
It is all about memorization you see, and that is, sadly ware screen readers cannot help us out.
One of my sighted friends once asked me something, that gave me a good old chuckle.
he asked. is there no way you can let your screen reader spell every word as it reads along?
I smiled at that and told him. had it done that. I'd still be reading by tomorrow morning. :d.
the only thing I can suggest to the lucky ones out there is this.
if you got access to books. read allot.
feel how things are spelt.
In my late stage in life. I don't have much time to reed. but wish I did.
Perhaps some day, I'll get a cheep Braille display and in that way begin to see how things should be spelt.
I'm always open to suggestions. but for now.
Spell checkers my friend. I've given this some thought and I think a braille display would be the way to go.
Nothing to fancy, as longs its got bluetooth to connect to the laptop I use. if it can be portible, i'm all for it. since that is a must have