Re: Massive fire breaks out in Notre Dame cathedral in Paris

This is bloody awful, especially I'll say as someone with  a bit of a fondness for old cathedrals.
When I read this topic last night I went and checked the bbc website then my lady and I checked sky and bbc news on the Alexa and were both amazingly sad.

as to causes of the fire, last I heard nobody is jumping to any radical conclusions about terrorists or the like, the most likely explanation seems  to be a really serious accident with the renovation work, like the Grenfell tower over here two years ago, probably just really bad luck and/or bad design.

After all, 12th century buildings weren't exactly made with modern fire safety standards.