JAWS and its license history

Hey there everyone...

So while I was searching for documentation for JAWS support, I found this blog from over 10 years ago, pointing out very hostile terms of the JAWS free trial demo.

https://webaim.org/blog/jaws-license-no … -friendly/

In short, back in 2008, the trial period for JAWS was not to be used for testing software.

I know this is really old but I can't believe that Freedom Scientific thought they could get away with such a hostile developer license. I mean, I know that they absolutely would, but its just insane to me that greed would override basic common sense when handling accessibility here.

I get that they can farm more money out of the developer but this straight up gets in the way of accessibility.

Does JAWS seriously offer developer licenses? This is ridiculous. Are they still doing these kinds of practices? What other hostile practices has Freedom Scientific done? I know people complain a lot but seeing this makes me want to dig a little deeper.