Re: embarrassed to hold the white cane

I'd love a camera suit, and if one was available you can bet I'd use it.
The problem is that one is not available, and wishing for one is not going to make it available any time soon, right now a cane is what you have, albeit a cane augmented with satnav and other devices.

As to the marking as blind, to be honest I don't necessarily agree with Defender that you necessarily need! something to mark you as blind for other people, if other people find what I do weird, well that's their problem not mine, and in my general experience people tend  to think of you as weird anyway just because of stupid things like eye contact etc, whether your holding a cane or not.

As to a camera suit, I love the idea  but again it'd firstly take a lot more work and research, especially into Ai technology being able to recognize things, and secondly it'd probably cost the earth anyway, since the second you say "accessibility" you can add a couple of zeroes onto the price.

As to "replacing a cane",  well there are points a cane is currently necessary, even if you have a guide dog and I imagine the same would be true with a camera system too, EG when your camera system is rechargging, when it is updating, or heck just when your in an environment that your ai can't recognise the obstacles in.