Re: yuzu

no one ever really decided on new piracy rules unfortunately that I can tell, but I think the general consensus ended up being that unless it was about audio games, we'd let it happen until such point as their was a copyright strike/takedown request.

After all, mods can't control what happens in PM's, assuming things makes them look bad, and they don't have time to comb through every random BTSync folder and check out the legal specifics of every sort of copyright skirting mod or rom hack or audio described media exemption, nor do they have the knowledge to do so properly most of the time.

I think we landed on that specifically encouraging or aiding cracking/pirating when it's well known material is too obvious to be allowed?  But just talking about it in general terms is fine.
And considering that audiogames.net has apparently never gotten a DMCA notice or anything like that, and the servers are located in Europe anyway, I think people were right when they said we shouldn't worry about things that haven't even happened yet.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector