Program to change a set of file names all at once?

What I mean by this is, for example, I have the Adobe Sound Effects Library’s, and many of them have the same file names at the beginning, for example the category before the sound effect. It’s kind of annoying, and I want to be able to sort the better. Are there any applications for windows that can do this, remove the beginning file name, in this case the category name?