Re: MUD recommendation: Xylomer

Well to answer to your questions, and reply to the comments:

1st of all, it's by far not a new MUD, it's also running since early 90s I guess, it's just that I, and obviously you too have somehow missed it by now.
I found it on a page tracking top MUDs, was in the top 20 when I checked it now, was nowhere near it before.
http://www.topmudsites.com/

As for its gameplay, it's quite similar to Geas, (also from german developers, but accordingly not the same ones), but it has a somewhat larger world, more towns, races, skills, activities...so it's a richer game in general.

Dark, can you please specify what you mean by "crafts"?
Crafting, or something else?

As for role-playing aspect, yes, its description indeed sounds very role-play centric, but in fact it's by far not as role-play sensitive as Miriani for example, you won't get immediately warned or penalized the moment you happen to tell something OOC to another character, , there are even 2 ways to communicate ooc, either use the @tell command instead of simply tell, or there is a specified OOC area of the game those wishing to talk OOC can enter, by typing @ before their character name when logging in.
Also, there is a command @nline for those newer players, who have OOC type questions about the game.
I talked about OOC issues with lots of other characters in the game so far, and none of them ever protested, warned, or reported me, (including wizards, aka game admins), one of them merely suggested me to use that @tell command to make it obvious, so no warnings, sanctions, penalties, etc.

As for quests, of course there are enough of those too, but not those obligatory ones, I mean those you must complete to move on, advance, progress in the game further, gain access to a certain area, skill, or equipment-type, so not those of a restrictive type.
(those I really don't like, and avoid playing games/MUDs featuring them)

I started playing Xylomer only a couple of days ago, so there are probably many things I don't even know of yet, but my experiences are maximally positive so far, and feel free to ask more questions about it, I shall try to answer them if I can.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector