Re: Playing interactive fiction under Windows?

Hi!
While this is not an immediate solution, there is a committee dedicated to creating accessibility guidelines for interactive fiction. They haven't published anything actionable yet but I have strong evidence they are working on it:
https://iftechfoundation.org/committees/access/
A more immediate solution may be the interpreter Lectrote, which was designed with accessibility in mind:
https://github.com/erkyrath/lectrote/releases
I find it works quite well with NVDA, except that after some time it loses track of what portion of the text is new, and so it may read extraneous material. JAWS might have a better time with it.
Best,
EG