Re: Creating an RPG audio game using Sable (video 10), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply, what with this recent weekend being the Easter weekend, plus my little boys birthday, I’ve just been a little nonstop. Below are answers to the posts that have come in:

@number 212. Regarding your questions around party members, as you mention in your post we have this set up for how we want it to work for our first  title, so  its an area we want to expand  upon before Sables release . We have various ideas of things we’d like to add here, but since they aren’t currently in Sable its nothing I can confirm  at this stage, but your suggestions are all good ones and stuff we’ve discussed. Regarding party member maximum  size, again because we have this set up for our first title and internal testing, there isn’t a party limit at present, but there will be before Sables release, but we haven’t decided on what that limit will be yet.
@number 213. Thanks for the post, regarding your question, so you can set unique radar sounds for each NPC you encounter, plus you can set the sound played when you reach the NPC too, in the demo series all the NPC’s have a radar sound of people talking with the NPC coughing/clearing  his throat once you find them, you could set different sounds for these, so for example if you wanted say a child NPC you might have the radar sound something like the sound of children playing and then when you actually find the child instead of a cough you could maybe have a child laughing sound instead, or you might have the child introduce   themselves. As for your question regarding whether it is possible to have the name of an NPC change once you have interacted with them, this isn’t currently  possible, but it’s a good suggestion.
@number 214, thanks for the post. We’ve already added sound sets to quite a lot of stuff such as containers, NPC’s, armour, weapons , enemies, terrains etc, but I think you’re right there are some other places sound sets would work well as its nice to have the option of having either just a single sound or multiple sounds, which is why we introduced the concept of sound sets into sable.

The Ebon Sky Studios Team
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios