Re: Switching from IOS to android, any tips?

A lot of people seem to have problems with soft braille keyboard but if you can get it to install, it works wonders.
I'm using a motorola moto play 6 and I seriously can't imagine myself going back to iOS for a very long time.
I've been trying out envision AI for the past two days and although it's been rather hit or miss, I do see it as a great substitution for seeing AI on ios. I don't know if it's because I'm still running it on a trial, though it does seem to be missing a few things, like color, light and currency detection.
I use eloquence mostly because it is the only synth I know of that supports reading emoji. I wish there was a modern port of eSpeak that did...
That being said, I can't really recommend motorola. They've done away with there update policy completely, and now at this point your lucky if you get security patches.
If you don't care about that, then sure, go with the moto play 6. Otherwise, look elsewhere. Also, why in the world has everyone fallen in love with samsung? I could get a used essential phone, or one plus 5 for two samsung galaxy s8 phones and get pretty much similar performance.
Also if you intend to use soft braille with a samsung device, not even recent phones give you enough precision that the keyboard needs to work so there's that option gone. I'm lucky this phone I use does.
That being said, there are a couple things to get  used to. Samsung is the only company that does the two finger double tap, and as far as I know, it's only specific to samsung's own apps. Also one last thing you might have to take some time to get used to is precision. Where as iOS is a lot more forgiving, talk back still requires some serious precision with your gestures that comes with time.
I hope this helps you in some way. If you can find the right phone that isn't too loaded down, and that has decent hardware, you will have an amazing experience with android.
Good luck!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Omar Alvarado via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector