NVDA and taskbar issue

Hi folks,

Had some trouble with my PC and handed it over to a technician to fix.  They did some stuff in the BIOS and now it runs great again.  They changed a lot of the settings in windows though and now NVDA no longer reads anything on the taskbar.  I don't really ever mess around with the taskbar settings, so I don't know if I am missing something somewhere.

I made sure that the taskbar is not hidden, NVDA does not read things even while the start menu is open.  It will read the contents of the start menu, but my apps pinned to start, my clock, notifications etc. will not read no matter what.  If I just click around on the taskbar it will still switch windows, but NVDA won't read any of the items I hover over it will only announce what I am on once I click on it.

This is most likely a windows setting rather than a NVDA setting that changed because I disabled NVDA from starting at startup, so the technician had no reason to open it. I just want NVDA to read my clock and icons when I hover over them with the mouse.

Does anyone have any advice for me?