Re: Making my game accessible with Jaws?

@nuno69 When I wrote BGT about 9 years ago, more or less everyone I knew was using Jaws so I ran into the exact same issue. It took me a while to figure out what to do.

The function you need is from the win32 API and is called SetWindowsHookEx. The type of hook to install is called WH_KEYBOARD_LL (AKA the low level keyboard hook). This allows you to pass a callback that gets invoked whenever a key is pressed, and you simply allow it through. I believe Jaws installs a similar hook, but since the current application seems to take priority, Jaws is no longer able to block the keys from going through.

A few years later a Windows update caused some issues with the keyhook for a few people, but I'm not exactly sure what the state of that is right now. I have never personally experienced any issues with it. I suggest you try it and hopefully it just works.

I'm not exactly sure how this translates to C#, but there should be plenty of information on how to pass a function pointer to a native function.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector