Re: Good mechanical keyboards?

I'm thinking about getting my first mechanical keyboard since my old rubber dome is nearly at the end of its life. Having tested a few of the different types of switches, I'm going for the clicky switches as well. A lot of people in the forums and on Reddit where I've been looking say the major brands like Corsair, Razer, Logitech, etc are good, but you can apparently get better quality for less. Does anyone here beg to differ? The brands that are commonly thrown around include Ducky, Filco, and Leopold. After looking at a bunch of reviews, I'm thinking about going for the Ducky One 2. This is in no way set in stone, so I'm also interested in hearing suggestions. The problem I see with a lot of mechs is that they have RGB lighting, which is completely useless to me and adds considerably to the price.

@Ty: What exactly happened to your first mechanical keyboard?