Re: asking some blind related questions

Also since my browser's being an ass....I've driven on private land. I managed, amazingly, to not hit anything. I then proceeded to get out and the car I was driving got totaled by somebody who wasn't paying attention. The kicker? Instructor was driving and hot dogging around, knew I was there, and locked the brakes and totaled both cars. That story always amuses me, since the instructor was a racing driver by trade who had spent an hour teaching us the theory of safe driving.

I've also driven a tractor by accident. Okay, this one needs some explaining. So, I got a friend in Wales who is a handyman. He also likes his drink. And, there's a local farmer. So, one evening the farmer, totally sober turns up and says Bob's needing a ride home because he's had too much to drink, and the farmer fractured his ankle. So, he put me in the driver's seat, and told me how to drive that tractor, hooked the van up to the back, and walked alongside the tractor, telling me when to turn. When I say 'on a road', I mean for all of five feet before going across his fields. I got told to stop by the farmer, heard a knock on the window (this is when I still had sight)

There's a very, very bemused officer motioning me out of the tractor. I shut it down, climb down, and explain the farmer's scheme. I told him I knew a mutual (fully blind) friend who the police know and that friend vouched for me.

End result...I got a ride back home in the front of a cop car. Van got towed, farmer got away with it since it was *technically* private land I was on when the officer asked me to get out of the tractor.....but given the van was on the road, the officer had another cop take the handyman home to sleep it off. Gotta love Welsh police....