Re: Do you feel excluded?

Where did I ever say "they needed to devote their life to anything?"
I was just noting before how even poster campaigns or radio adverts had failed to arouse interest, and how most actual change usually comes from blindness being part of someone else's a gender.

As with most problems with the human disgrace, those most able to make any sort of substantive change to any situation are those who benefit most from the status quo.

Even on a basic awareness level, unless people are aware they are unaware of something, they will not seek out more information, as I said above, most people are gold fish who just follow the latest shiny object, both socially, politically and logically.

the best you can do is try to educate the few sighted people you run across in your life on the off chance anyone does! want to listen, and try to actually foster those rarely unused arts of conversation and good social skills just in case, though your practical chance to actually use these will be very small.

I remember in 2015 when I was part of a guide dogs campaign to gain signatures for a petition to present to the government, to make audio announcement mandetory on UK busses.

Yes, I stood out on a street and button holed people to get signatures, but for everyone person who actually listened, there were ten or twenty others who simply walked past, ignored me when I said "excuse me", assumed I was collecting money and said "don't have any change", and even when I said I just want a signature continued to ignore me. There was even a notable proportion who, when I said "I was looking for a signature" Yelled "I don't have a pen?" and  despite the fact I was waving a pen at them, and a couple who, even when I explained the situation actively said  didn't believe in audio announcements on busses, or that "its' not the government's job"

Yet I did this, I got about a hundred signatures for a day's solid work, and the entire petition went to the government  with over eighteen thousand signatures gathered from different people around the country. The government's response?

"We have no plans to change the law at this time"

And the moral is, why sodding bother!