fmod sound wrapper for python 3?

Keeping the question short and concise, is there a fmod wrapper for python 3? I found pysonic, which was last updated in 2013 and only supports python 2.3. Any alternatives that are decently newbie friendly?
I'm currently learning python, and not having done any coding for years and transissioning from BGT makes it a bit of a challenge. However, I'm going through the syntax tutorial and taking notes, which I hope to release to the public as a starter on learning python.
I'm using pygame and tolk, well I have them installed and have ran some simple experiments, but I'm nowhere near using them yet as I just started learning.
In relation to this, are there any other libraries that I should consider getting that are newbie friendly while retaining flexible use?