Re: My biggest software wish came true

I found the screen shade script just using ctrl f and typing in screenshade to see what was in the default script that related to it, and I found it had its own script. When you first mentioned it, I thought it was just a windows feature, and didn't know jaws had a script to turn it on and off. The other command you can use inside a script file is ctrl L. This brings up a list of all the scripts and functions in an alphabetical list. you can use first letter navigation if you think you know what the script/function might be called. Also there's F2 and shift F2 which jump you to the start of each script/function. So if you find something  you're interested in, there may be other functions in that area that relate to the same thing.
I don't know if it is a bad idea to run other scripts from the default AutoStart. I don't see any reason why it should be. It's just that jaws is setting up all the defaults to enable it to work properly, so if you put something in there that screws up, it might stop jaws from  setting its defaults correctly, and you might not know why it's acting strangely. But this is all total guesswork from a guy who is not a programmer. It's probably best to put the perform script function at the bottom of the auto start rather than at the top. Maybe that's safer.