Re: end of the kloned games and dromma about blind kids

mhr91358 wrote:

clones are useful for 1 case
luckly we don't have special ways to learn any programming language, like bgt specially as a start
so they are useful if you want to learn and change, and learn from your mistakes

No, that's what open source code is meant for. And even if a game is open source, you must give credit to the original author of the game, or in the case of GPL, release your source if it is a derivative work from that source.
circa 2003ish: Curious 13/14 year old grabs _javascript_, meant for web scripts, and pushes its boundaries to make a Snake rendition, a bopit game that a certain older version of me begged and begged and begged for (what was I doing back then!) and Tarazn Junior and many other great games.
2016 onward: Give these kids bgt and they find stolen code, modify a few lines, release it, call it their own, or in Mhr91358's case, learning how to program? Have we really sunken this low?